Verilog-AMS Modeling Training
Systems-on-Chip (SoC) and systems integrate more and more analog and mixed-signal blocks with ever rising complexity. Full-SPICE simulations are no longer conceivable!
Behavioral models implemented in Verilog-A(MS) enable the designer to apply a top-down approach (e.g. for architecture definition) or a bottom-up approach (e.g. for circuit validation) to benefit from advantages such as:
- delivering an executable specification at an early design stage,
- enabling verification and optimization runs over the whole system in a mixed-signal simulator,
- increasing simulation speed using behavioral models of selected components of the system.
Who should attend this training?
This seminar is intended for designers involved in mixed-signal electrical designs and/or analog behavioral modeling and simulation.
Why should you attend?
The optimal usage of an analog and mixed-signal language is complex since it does not only describe the model behavior itself, it also provides language constructs or commands for simulation synchronization between signal domain (event driven) and electrical domain (time continuous) entities. Having the necessary knowledge of mixed-signal simulation is crucial to succeed in
multi-level modeling of mixed-signal designs. The training teaches you the techniques enabled by the Verilog-A(MS) language to master the modeling challenges in this field.
By attending this training, you will:
- Acquire the fundamental knowledge of the Verilog-A(MS) language
- Apply multiple modeling techniques (behavioral, structural)
- Identify which applications benefit from a Verilog-A(MS) implementation
Basic knowledge of the modeling functionality of some electrical components (resistor, diode…)
SLASH, combining the schematic editor SLED and the mixed-signal multi-domain simulator SMASH.
This training lasts 2 days during which theoretical information will be illustrated with examples. It can be led in English, French, German and Chinese.
Snacks, lunch and coffees are offered to the trainees.
- Receive our catalog