i51 Development Tools
Challenge - Optimization
Dolphin Integration powers its offering of microcontroller cores with a complete application software development and debug platform.
SmartVision™ comes as an upgrade to μVision™ IDE from Keil as it adds the means to model the complete microcontroller sub-system and not only the core processor with its traditional peripherals.
The use of SmartVision™ IDE for application software development and debug is two-fold:
- In simulation thanks to modeling of the sub-system, including peripherals and memories
- On-chip combined with an In-Circuit Emulator (ICE), BIRD™ Owl, and an USB adapter, S-Link
Overview of SmartVision™ IDE
With SmartVision™, debug of the application software can start prior to any prototyping!
Key benefits of SmartVision™ and BIRD™
- Intuitive interface to build a wide range of complete sub-systems, including multi-processors, their peripherals and memories
- Reuse of existing μvision projects for 8051, 80251 thanks to the integration of Keil compilation toolchain
- Extensible library of C / Verilog models of microcontroller cores, memories and peripherals
- ISS for application software development and debug
- Waveform viewer to display peripheral activity and signals
- Support of Non Volatile Memories (NVM)
- BIRD™ Owl and SmartLink (S-Link) for efficient on- chip debug
- Scalable embedded debug solution enabling to achieve the optimal trade-off between debugging features and silicon cost
Code coverage analysis
Profiling by functions
Overview of Dolphin Integration offering for application software development and debug
S-Link USB adapter
- 2-wire TWIG interface
- 4-wire JTAG interface