Catalog of Cache Controller
AHB compliant Cache controller to meet growing demand for both energy efficient and faster SoC with NVM
R-Stratus-LP is THE new generation of cache controller for MCU applications whenever the application program is stored in a Non Volatile Memories (NVM) like eFlash or EEPROM.
R-Stratus LP provides the twofold advantage of speed improvement and of power consumption minimization.
Key Benefits of R-Stratus-LP
- TSMC Soft IP qualification (IP9000)
- Straightforward connection
- Support of AHB-Lite interfaces to ensure fast and smooth integration in any MCU subsystem without need for any bridge
- External TAG and Cache memories to improve portability across a wide range of process technologies
- Standard interface for TAG and Cache memories
- Performance optimization (optional)
- Self adaptation module to dynamically upgrade cache configuration according to the application program under execution
- Highly user configurable cache controller (associativity, cache line size, critical word first...) simplified with Smartvision? for checking in simulation that the configuration is optimal for achieving the best speed and power consumption
- Improvement of processing power
- Apparent frequency is accelerated up to 11 times
- Zero wait state for cache hit
- Critical word first to reduce the number of cycles in case of miss
- First cache controller optimized for low power
- Architecture designed to minimize the number of accesses to TAG and cache RAM and NVM
- Runtime programmable cache line size and associativity
- Up to 14 times less power consuming!