Catalog of SoC Platforms
RISC-V Tornado configurable 32-bit processor SoC subsystem
The RISC-V Tornado platform is a configurable AMBA based SoC subsystem allowing our user to customize the platform depending on its application requirements. RV32 Tornado mixes standard peripherals and interfaces (GPIO, timers, watchdog, I2C, SPI) and more intelligent ones (interrupt controller, DMA controller, cache controller, FPU, DSP).
RISC-V Tornado is proposed with an advanced IDE enabling power-aware code development and fast Time To Market. SmartVision? IDE fully supports GCC RISC-V compilation toolchain, is available under Windows and Linux and embeds advanced debug functionalities: TLM and cycle accurate simulator, breakpoint on complex sequences of events, hardware debugging with BIRD?, speed and power profiling.
RV32 Tornado is delivered with software low level drivers, low footprint SmartLib C standard library and FreeRTOS for RISC-V.
Key Benefits of RV32 Tornado
- Ultra low power architecture
- Highly valuable integrability
- Fast Time To Market thanks to the adaptability of the solution and an already implemented SoC
- Configurable subsystem enabling faster SoCdesign
- AMBA AHB-Lite and APB compatible interfaces
- Early software prototyping with SmartVision IDE
- Wide RISC-V software ecosystem
- Strong design reliability
- Full verification environment delivered with test programs and examples
- Easy compliance with RISC-V cores and custom peripherals
- AMBA based architecture making it a scalable platform
- Performances and silicon area adapted to the target application
- Several cores supported with different processing power and power cosunmption figures
Key Features and Performances
- Computing power:
- Depending on selecte Coremark/MHz
- Address space: 4 Gbytes
- Peripheral bus: APB 32-bits
To suit all user requirements, the set of peripherals delivered with RV32 Tornado is entirely configurable.
Among its peripheral offering, Dolphin Integration can provide R-Stratus, a cache controller enabling speed improvement and power consumption minimization when using Non Volatile Memories (eFlash, EEPROM...)
IoT edge devices: sensor and processing nodes, Small and local industrial control, Smart sensors or industrial sensors, Smart cities, Smart metering, Wearables
SmartVision, Innovative IDE for application software development and debug
BIRD Falcon on-chip debugger for hardware debug
- Scalable embedded debug solution enabling to achieve the optimal trade-off between debugging features and silicon cost
- Debug software embedded in SmartVision
- S-Link USB adapter
- 2-wire TWIG interface
- 4-wire JTAG interface
- cost effective
- high debug performances
Overview of SmartVision interface
- optimized for high density and low power consumption
- enabling island partitioning
Power regulators to build an optimized SoC architecture for the lowest power consumption
- Verilog or VHDL netlist
- Source code (optional)
- Testbench with documentation for checking the functionality of any configuration of the Flip80251 Hurricane at any representation level (RTL down to silicon).
Robustness is ensured
For more than 15 years, Dolphin Integration has built a testsuite for checking the functionality of any configuration of the RV32 Tornado at any representation level (RTL down to silicon).The testbenches have evolved a lot thanks to users feedback.
The testbench is delivered with its documentation to our microcontroller core users so that they can apply it on their own project and ensure functionality.