ASIC with High-End Resolution converter
Embedding a high resolution converter is essential for many applications. But its performances must not be disturbed by the rest of SoC. Noise disturbance channel control, anti ESD protection, timing constraints, voltage, jitter constraints are as many problems which require an accurate control from the SoC integrator. Until the industrial test of the SoC, where the high resolution converter needs high performances input signals and consuming time tests, it is crucial to develop innovative solutions to make the integration safe and profitable.
As Dolphin is a specialist in the development of high resolution converters, Harmonie has developed a unique expertise in “system” (black-box) verifications and integration rules from specification until the industrial test.
- Integretable specification at SoC level to guarantee the performances required
- The “system” is defined as a black-box representing the critical connections and components (MEMS loop, …). It enables the validation of performances at black-box level.
- Specification of Power Management functions to respect the power consumption budget: embedded Power Management Unit (ePMU)
- Specification of clock source (clean-up PLL if required) to respect the jitter template
- Verification through noise template use (jitter, power supply noise, load current) to assess the performance of the high resolution converter in the system
- Validation of the performances at SoC level: using a F&TDM (Functional and Timing Digital Model) for analog blocks to secure the connections between logic and analog blocks
- Virtual Test to speed-up the prototype validation
- Integrability rules (anti ESD protection) to improve the yield
- Embedded test solution to reduce test cost
Based on unique Analogue Expertise
- High resolution audio converter with SNR from 80 dB up to 106 dB for audio and voice applications
- High resolution analog to Digital converter with SNR up to 120 dB for measurement applications in low frequency domain
- Use of kits containing pre-defined blocks for building customized Audio Virtual Components as a working method
- Improve customer's Return-on-Investment thanks lowest silicon area with no compromise on PCB contents
- Ensure a good understanding of the customer's requirement thanks to a global understanding at the system level